Anniversary Edition/Installer/Change log
Prior to the release of the AE Installer 2, new versions of the Installer were distributed with new releases of the AE itself. Since the Installer can now update itself, its updates are no longer tied to AE releases. Therefore, all AEI updates from v2.00 onward are documented below, whereas the Installer's previous update history is a part of the AE change log.
Initial release as part of AE7.
- Fixed potential race condition.
- Now tracks what files come in a tool/patch package so it can remove files that were renamed from the previous version of a package when performing an update.
- No longer replaces all core tool packages on each launch, but makes note in log if the user has changed/replaced any of the files.
- Added "Clear filter" button and "Show only: Installed" filter.
- Added "Help" menu item (doesn't appear on Mac yet).
- Added "Copy currently installed mods to clipboard" menu item.
- Fixed bug where loading mod selection XML didn't update "Size of files to download".
- Only remakes level files that are affected by newly-installed and -uninstalled mods.
- Now warns user to hit Install after Initialization and before running Oni for the first time.
- Fixed bug with install button not working if the IncompatibleWith field in Mod_Info.cfg had an invalid number.
- Better text-wrapping in mod description panel.
- Description field now uses full width of mod description panel.
- Help (?) button added on Macs to make up for lack of menu item.
- Localization now supports all UTF-8 characters.
- Any text field in mod description panel can now be copied to clipboard.
- Now supports use of Internet proxy in user's connection.
- Uses new Depot cache format.
- Added "Mods>Rescan local packages" menu item.
- Now optionally notifies user about new mods on Depot at launch.
- Bug fixes for Settings dialog and "Rescan local packages".
- Fixed startup crash caused by >1TB of free HD space.
- Added startup tips window to address common problems reported by users.
- F5 added as shortcut for Mods>Rescan local packages.
- Fixed bug where Settings window would not close.
- Restored a previous version's treatment of newlines in Depot descriptions so that lines are not bunched together.
- Moved "Help" menu item ("?" button on Macs) to Help>View online help.
- New Help>Request help... menu item will email AEI logs to members of AE Support mailing list.
- Mods>Check for updates now properly re-checks Depot for updated mods.
- Now can utilize XmlTools version 2.
- Mods>Show core packages now called Mods>About core packages.
- Support request emails now include daodan.ini.
- Support request emails now include the sizes of files in filelist.txt.
- Launching Oni from the AEI on the Mac now respects launch_args.txt.
- Plus sign in path to Oni should no longer break anything.
- Mod packages can now use the plain/ directory like tool packages, though only to place files in GameDataFolder/ (allows movie packages).
- Tool packages can now overwrite existing files when being installed.
- Better handling of Mac applications.
- Download window is now properly centered.
- Fixes for mod package plain/ directory feature added in 2.19.
- Added Russian localization.
- Installation.log now contains a bit more information.
- Adjustments to logging.
- Compatibility tweak for OpenJDK on Macs.
- Support request emails now have "sent" timestamp.