As with most games, Oni comes with its own range of cheats. When playing the Macintosh or PC version you are supposed to unlock them by finishing the game. However, PC/Mac cheats can be unlocked by hacking persist.dat manually or using Oni Savegame Editor
Below you will find all available cheats for the game.
While playing a game, press F1 (or whatever is bound to pausescreen) and type one (or more) of the following:
(case sensitive, a textual confirmation will appear if done correctly):
|Input sequence||Confirmation message||Effect description||Persists on level load||Scripting equivalent|
|shapeshifter||Change Characters Enabled/Disabled||While playing, pressing F8 or SHIFT+F8 changes your "skin"||YES|
|liveforever||Invincibility Enabled/Disabled||Konoko takes no melee, weapon or falling damage||NO||invincible= 1; / invincible= 0; (1)|
|touchofdeath||Omnipotence Enabled/Disabled||Konoko kills enemies with any combat move||NO||omnipotent= 1; omnipotent= 0;|
|canttouchthis||Unstoppable Enabled/Disabled||Konoko can't be stunned, thrown, knocked down or blown up||NO||unstoppable= 1; / unstoppable= 0; (1)|
|fatloot||Fat Loot Received||Player's quantity of ammo and hypos is set to max||give_powerup (1)|
|glassworld||Glass Furniture Enabled/Disabled||Makes most objects breakable with gunfire or shockwaves||YES||p3_furniture_breakable= 1;|
|winlevel||Instantly Win Level||Level is won upon exit of the pause screen||win (2)|
|loselevel||Instantly Lose Level||Level is lost upon exit of the pause screen||lose (2)|
|bighead||Big Head Enabled/Disabled||Everybody's head is 4 times its normal size||NO||chr_big_head= 1; / chr_big_head= 0;|
|minime||Mini Mode Enabled/Disabled||Player's size is 0.25 times normal||NO||chr_mini_me= 1; / chr_mini_me= 0;|
|superammo||Super Ammo Mode Enabled/Disabled||Player's guns are always full with ammo||NO|
|thedayismine||Developer Mode Enabled/Disabled||Developer Mode (bound in beta<5, re-bindable elsewhere)||YES|
|reservoirdogs||Last Man Standing Enabled/Disabled||AI fight amongst themselves||YES|
|roughjustice||Gatling Guns Enabled/Disabled||Player's guns fire X times faster||YES|
|chenille||Daodan Power Enabled/Disabled||Player gets permanent Daodan glow and boss shield||NO||chr_super(0, 1); chr_super(0, 0); (2)|
|behemoth||Godzilla Mode Enabled/Disabled||Player is (roughly) double-sized||NO||chr_mini_me= 1; / chr_mini_me= 0;|
|elderrune||Regeneration Enabled/Disabled||Konoko regenerates at the rate of 1 HP/sec||YES|
|moonshadow||Phase Cloak Enabled/Disabled||Player gets a permanent Phase Cloak||NO||give_powerup(invis, -1);|
give_powerup(invis, 1); (3)
|munitionfrenzy||Weapons Locker Created||All weapons appear at the player's feet for 15 secs|
|fistsoflegend||Fists Of Legend Enabled/Disabled||Konoko's combat moves knock enemies back||NO|
|killmequick||Ultra Mode Enabled/Disabled||AI don't pause between combos (a little tougher)||YES||chr_ultra_mode (4)|
|carousel||Slow Motion Enabled/Disabled||Permanent slow motion||NO||slowmo (5)|
|Lime||cheat applies to any character you chr_focus to (via scripting). When you chr_focus to another, the effect stays with the old one.|
|Fuchsia||cheat applies to Konoko even if you chr_focus to another character|
|White||cheat isn't player-character-specific|
|Black||no equivalent available|
|White||exact equivalent and that's it|
|Fuchsia||script only works for Konoko, use chr_focus and cheats for other characters|
|Lime||script given works for Konoko, but other characters (whether you chr_focus to them or not) can be done too|
|Yellow||no exact equivalent, extra work required|
Tips to scripters
|(1)||Use the chr_invincible and chr_unstoppable modifiers for generic characters.|
|(2)||The generic chr_super modifier is the only way. Only a few characters (Konoko, Muro) have Daodan glow particles.|
As for the boss shield, chr_boss_shield can only give it to a character (no way to take it away)
|(1)||You can use either of the generic give_powerup and chr_givepowerup modifiers.|
- give_powerup usage :
- first two arguments are powerup type and amount (optional)
- The third argument is the character's ID (0 by default)
- chr_givepowerup usage :
- first argument is the character's name or script ID (compulsory)
- problem with reproducing the fatloot effect :
- fatloot fills up hypos, ammos and cells to a maximum of 6
- generally, you don't know how many of those the player already has
- solution (if you really want to mimic fatloot exactly) :
- take away all the player's powerups, the only way to do this being to clear the inventory, e.g. chr_inv_reset(0)
- then use e.g. chr_givepowerup(0, hypo, 6) etc.
|(2)||The engine does not actually call win or lose here.|
- So you can not gain 2 custom cheats by redefining win and lose.
|(3)||You can use either of the generic give_powerup and chr_givepowerup modifiers (see above).|
- moonshadow is the same as taking the Phase Cloak away then doing e.g. chr_givepowerup(0, invis, -1).
- problem with reproducing the moonshadow effect :
- generally, you don't know how much Phase Cloak the character already has
- solution (if you really want to mimic moonshadow exactly) :
- drain the player's Phase Cloak with the built-in begin_cutscene(); end_cutscene(); (only affects the player)
- or somehow make sure the character has no phase cloak
- then use e.g. chr_givepowerup(0, invis, -1)
|(4)||You must use the generic chr_ultra_mode modifier on every character you want to be "ultra".|
- it doesn't seem to have any visible effect though, so don't bother :)
|(5)||You can use the slowmo command, or play with draw_every_frame and draw_every_frame_multiple.|
- The scripted slowmo doesn't have a permanent effect : slowmo(300) gives you 300 frames (5 seconds) of slowmo.
- Extra work is required to make it last (implemented in Oni Menu, no wiki page yet).
- liveforever, canttouchthis and touchofdeath can be detected at runtime by custom scripts.
- One can then ignore the cheat or trigger a custom event (kill or hurt the cheater, etc, etc).
- glassworld and bighead are directly detectable too
- shapeshifter is indirectly detectable by anim watching
- minime and behemoth are not detectable
- Other cheats like fatloot, chenille, munitionfrenzy and moonshadow can only be made useless, not detected.
Tips to gamers
- chenille gives you the visual effect of Daodan overpower, but your combat moves don't deal extra damage.
- To really stay in Daodan overpower forever, use elderrune, then use a hypo at full health.
- Overpower drains at the rate of 1 hitpoint per second, which is exactly compensated by elderrune.
- You're then virtually frozen in real overpower, as long as you don't get hurt. You must get past normal health to take another hypo.
- You may not know it, but SHIFT+F8 lets you cycle the shapeshifter characters backwards. Yes, you really can go the other way.
- I'm sorry if you cycled like mad to get to previous characters through all those years. So did I. I only found out about this today.
geyser 00:56, 15 Nov 2005 (CET)
While playing the game, press the SELECT button and highlight the HELP button. Then enter one of the following (you'll hear a sound if you did it correctly):
|Change The Character||L2, L1, L2, SQUARE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, L2, L2, L2, L2...|
(Hit the L2 button until you've selected a character)
|One Shot One Kill||L2, L1, L2, SQUARE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, L3, R3, CIRCLE, SQUARE|
|Unlimited Health||L2, L1, L2, SQUARE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, R3, L3, R3, CIRCLE|
|Extra Powerful Punches And Kicks||L2, L1, L2, SQUARE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, R3, L3, CIRCLE, SQUARE|
|Small Characters||L2, L1, L2, SQUARE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, L3, R3, SQUARE, CIRCLE|
|Unlimited Phase Cloak||L2, L1, L2, SQUARE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, L1, R3, L2, L3|
|Big Head Mode||L2, L1, L2, SQUARE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, START, SQUARE, CIRCLE, START|
|Unlimited ammo||L2, L1, L2, SQUARE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, L2, L2, L1, L3|
|Huge Characters||L2, L1, L2, SQUARE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, R3, SQUARE, CIRCLE, L3|
|Hard Mode||L2, L1, L2, SQUARE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, R3, L3, CIRCLE, SQUARE|
|Instant Level Completion||L2, L1, L2, SQUARE, CIRCLE, SQUARE, L3, R3, L2, L1|