- Why I'm doing this... Oni was the first game where I was on fire for plot and inaction. I wanted more of it but this was difficult as long as Oni 2 didn't came out. So I thought "do it yourself", at least by using words.
- The outro was quite hopeless. So this should became a try creating a solution for Konoko's world as far as it was possible. I was very young when start playing Oni and writing. I realized that I didn't have structured ideas nor the knowledge to write. At this point the collecting began, similar to this wiki. And then I met the OCF with some interesting ideas. More inspiration out of the game and anime section came from "Metal Gear Solid 2" (Substance), "F.E.A.R", "Gundam SEED" (plus "Destiny"), "Akira", "Battle Angel Alita" (plus "Last Order") and "Eden - It's an endless World". They are really strong in expression.
- One recent topic was Oni's meaning and origin - newer and older: it wasn't a demon all the time. I liked the idea to revive its image of a guardian spirit (or even god) what is called "kami" in Japanese.
The RS pages contains various tables and boxes with colour markings. What they stand for:
- grey: real material or notes
- green: Oni original material (quotes)
- blue: interpretations referring to Oni
- red: highly RS fiction
While collecting information and inspirations the story got a new name; a friend said that "Next Generation" was used too much, having cliche status, so bias leads here to confusion and cuts away interpretation... Well, I liked it, but now there's name which should really fit.
Oni means demon. Our world is afflicted by a demon - and we all know that this creature has many shapes. Global pollution, general loss of culture, corrupts governments, hightech crimes. But in this point of view we are our own demon, we are responsible for it.
The name stand in for various characters which have on in common: they are driven of the desire of overwhelming their lack of knowledge. Which ideology is true? What is the sense behind a pre-calculated life? What to do when everything breaks away? Survival at any cost?