- The mystery surrounding the size of the .bik files is rather odd: just how could they be missing? ^_^
- Besides, the intro and outro files are the same on all English versions AFAIK, so the size is known.
- The size of the binaries, on the other hand, varies a lot across versions (even across English ones).
- What I'm the most perplex about, though, is that "inject.txt" file... Never seen it before, whatever it is.
- geyser 22:08, 20 March 2008 (CET)
- And of course, as I said elsewhere, Edition-generated folders don't belong here but in Oni\edition\GDF.
- geyser 02:48, 21 March 2008 (CET)
- Yeah, this install of Oni blows (see my response in Oni (folder)'s talk page). I wish I had an authoritative version. I am surprised, though, that you aren't familiar with Inject.txt (not that I am either). It's a half-meg, as you can see, and every line looks like this:
- level11_Final.RAW,level11_Final\SNDDc10_38_03civ1 .WAV,00C2F3C0,00004AB9
- As I mentioned in my other response in Oni (folder)'s talk page, the levelx_Final folders have .wav files in them. These lines are referencing the .wav files. The purpose is a mystery to me. I just assumed it was some PC-only Edition mumbo-jumbo. --Iritscen 15:33, 21 March 2008 (CET)
- Your version probably has nothing to do with the Edition. That would explain why the Level#_Final folders were capitalized and why they're full of WAV files indexed in that "Inject.txt" thingie. Whoever you got this from is the right person to ask about what the blam is going on (possibly an experimentation on sound import or, more probably, just a homemade WAV ripper). The apparently autogenerated "Inject.txt" suggests that this is not even OniSplit at work here, or at least not a public release thereof.
- So, I encourage you to grab an "authoritative" version (it's not all that hard to find, come on), and in the meantime, for sake's sake, don't "assume" anything about anything, especially not about Oni, and least of all about the Edition ^_^
- It's not like you there's no one you can ask about the stuff you're committed to documenting. So if you have no time to thoroughly investigate by yourself, just ask. Here or on Oni Central Forum.
- geyser 15:53, 21 March 2008 (CET)
- Actually, I capitalized the "l"s myself by accident (you don't know how hard I fight the urge to Capitalize All The Time in the wiki). But as far as the rest goes, HMMM. Very interesting that it's not connected to the Edition in any way. Okay, I will have to take a little respite from this particular project on the wiki and come back when I have more authoritative info on the matter. --Iritscen 15:58, 21 March 2008 (CET)