|This page is preserved for historical reasons; development stopped long ago. BIP was a general collection of improvements to Oni, but these changes were made by hex editor to the level data files, requiring the player to download whole new level files to play the mods. Its less legally-troublesome successor, ONK, introduced delta patches, but once OniSplit and the AE introduced truly modular modding, the binary modding of BIP and ONK was made obsolete. The ideas described below are generally available as mods for the AE.|
The Binary Improvement Project
The main objective of the Binary Improvement Project (BIP) will be to make extremely scripter-friendly versions of all the *.dat and *.raw files. We will fix up mistakes left by the original coders, add a "hurt" and a "death" trigger for each character, and improve the binaries altogether. Making it much easier to script for beginners and experts alike.
If you have a Hex Editor, an iron will, and want to help out, feel free to contribute your edited *.dat and *.raw files!
Global improvements (level 0)
- Unlocked combat moves for Konoko and female civilians
- Two new weapons : WMC Lite (a WMC you can run with and that everybody can collect and reload) and F3 - Framerate Friendly Fireworks
- Cool-looking particles for special moves of basic character classes : Konoko, Comguys, Strikers.
- run=dash, so AI automatically dash instead of running (for everyone but Elites, Ninjas, Tankers and Thugs)
The last point (dashing AI) has a few issues in its current state, so I propose we switch to Alloc's Trainer for a change.
- Systematic names for AI and related events (hurt, death, dying, reload, etc), for more powerful scripting
- Improved AI (using complex AI melee patterns rather than basic ones)
- Wider range of spawnable characters (more random skins, harder enemy types, more enemy types where available)
- New enemy type (Comguy with Ninja skills) in levels 1, 12 and 19
- AI-endowed Konoko for all levels (Players will now use "ai_0" as their player character)
WARNING: HUGE FILES
The ones currently available are the first generation. They only contain functions for death and hurt. (And some other things which you must find out on your own :p)
- technically, level0_Final is not part of the project. Level0_final improves the overall game rather than a specific level, but it is awesome nonetheless. It allows AI to dash when unarmed and has improved particles.
Ok, File(s) Back Online (well, mine, Loser's are gone :S )