XML talk:Basic tutorial
XML conversion with AETools
Paradox, very nice manual you created, easy to understand. There is an easier way to create an oni file from xml file. Go to the Import tab of AE Tools, in the top drop down menu, select the level you want to install the .oni file. Click the Import Source file and choose the xml file. Then rebuild the level as you stated. EdT
- Ah, you are right. -- I was on the way to update the tutorial when I encounter a new extraction problem. It looks like some empty tags are not accurately written in my XML files now.
- Lines like following cannot converted back into ONI format. (first example from ONCCk4_L, second from level 1 BINACJBOCharacter.)
- <DeathParticle />
- <Spawn />
- Fix was:
- That is/was situation:
- I even ported the mac files to windows but there onisplit exports them accurately, double checked it by porting the window's ONI file to the mac then extracted it, error. Could you please uploading that ONCC and BINACJBOCharacter file so I can compare it? Paradox-01 09:13, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Something else: Above you said that the converted file is automatically created. ONCCs are level 0 files, okay, but would AETools also know where to put in the BINACJBOCharacter? I wasn't able to test it because of empty tag error. Paradox-01 09:13, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- That's strange, I can convert the xml files with <DeathParticle /> or <Spawn /> back to oni files. Here's my xml files: http://edt.oni2.net/files/paradox.zip.
- The dropdown menu in the Import tab has all the other levels, so if you want to import a file to level3_Final, you select that level in the drop down menu. EdT
- I'm still confused of what happened yesterday because today everything looks alright. -- @import Ah, it stands written there. Somehow I'm not myself at these days, thanks for your input. =) Paradox-01 12:16, 4 July 2009 (UTC)
Maybe we have to rewrite Windows GUI part because of new OniSplit GUI? It has browse buttons... --demos_kratos 18:44, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
Updates needed: a brain dump
- "Edition" folder is now "AE"
- Per EdT we are likely using Vago as the sole OniSplit GUI now, rather than AETools on Mac; this will simplify the instructions, no more side-by-side table, yay!
- Add a note about my Mac Services, they're muy helpful
Should XML redirect to this as namespace main page, a la OBD and BSL?
- Should be ok, I can't think of something what would be on a "XML" but not 'that' page. Updating, when you are on it...
- remove programs for code folding (who cares?)
remove address bar stuff (who cares?)--Paradox
Did you ever used code folding for Oni's xml files? I tried to make use of it but in the end I went back to the good ol' text editor. Imo the search function is all one needs. If someone know what to look, why would he want to use code folding? :/ paradox-01 (talk) 22:54, 12 April 2013 (CEST)
- Maybe to get a sense of the overall hierarchy? It's a short section, so I don't think it's doing any harm. --Iritscen (talk) 23:56, 12 April 2013 (CEST)
XML basic tutorial
Maybe we should use something that can't be overseen. Ergo, if the change isn't visible from begin with then something went really wrong. So new modders don't have to wonder if there mod works or not.
- A) For example we could tell them to change the colors of the health bar (ONGS) to black, violet, blue and white. --paradox-01 (talk) 23:05, 19 April 2013 (CEST)