misleading animation tab
Not really a bug but not very intuitive...
New users are attempted to use the Animation tab for animation extraction for characters.
There should be a warning, maybe a pop-up saying: "Wrong method. Please use the Models tab for ONCC files."
- Indeed thanks for the suggestion. I'm not a big fan of that popup message idea, however I don't have any better right now. I will find a way to make it more clear in next version. Script 10k (talk) 01:46, 21 April 2013 (CEST)
hard coded search folder?
Character's animation extraction searches for GameDataFolder/level0_Final.
But want if user use a different folder name for his exported level 0 oni files or what if he exported AE's vanilla files at Oni\AE\AEInstaller\vanilla\blabla_0 ?
- Indeed it is hardcoded. It worked kinda decent in AEI1. However since AEI2 doesn't maintain the .oni files after the installation it seems to search in a non existing directory.
- The custom search path suggestion is great and needed, I will add it to the next version. Script 10k (talk) 01:42, 21 April 2013 (CEST)
failed animation extraction
It seems that ONCCred_hard_1 can't be extracted with TRAMREDCOMcomb_p. Several errors pop up.
- Thanks for the feedback. I will answer soon. For now just a suggestion. Can you use for next time the bugs web page: http://bugs.oni2.net/ ? It's easier to track the errors and discuss them. Vago have already a category, if you don't have an account request one to Alloc. Script 10k (talk) 16:04, 20 April 2013 (CEST)
- Which errors do popup? Can you post that part of the log? Script 10k (talk) 01:39, 21 April 2013 (CEST)
- Edt posted the errors on the bugs pages. I know that those errors are "normal" but I couldn't remember/know their reason.
- What irritates me is that Fury's dae creation fails while Barabas and his kick heavy moves works. And by fail I mean: for Fury the dae gets created but inside Mod Tool it's a folded model without animation. --paradox-01 (talk) 12:17, 21 April 2013 (CEST)