Anniversary Edition/Change log
- 1 v0 Anniversary Edition Absolute Zero
- 2 v1 Anniversary Edition Much Beta
- 3 v2 Anniversary Edition Good Resolutions
- 4 v3 Anniversary Edition Preview
- 5 v4 Anniversary Edition Beta
- 6 v5 Anniversary Edition v2009-07
- 7 v6 Anniversary Edition v2010-05
- 8 v7 Anniversary Edition Seven
v0 Anniversary Edition Absolute Zero
Initial release of original, script-based AE (.bat on Windows, .sh on Mac).
First attempt at making a separate GameDataFolder for the AE. On Mac, original GDF contents were moved to GameDataFolderZero on Mac due to GDF-remembering feature in OmniGroup Oni build.
Simply globalized ONCCs, TRAMs, and SNDDs using early version of OniSplit by Neo.
- Mainly fixes for Mac side.
- Fixes for Mac side.
v1 Anniversary Edition Much Beta
Much Beta 1
released 2007.12.22, re-released 2007.12.23
- New characters and weapons added.
- Konoko's moves unlocked from start.
- Glass shard damage added.
- Mini-Striker fix, Mac fixes.
Much Beta 2
- Bug fixes.
- Knockdowns and blownups deal knockdowns to other characters (domino knockdowns).
Much Beta 3
- Bug fixes.
v2 Anniversary Edition Good Resolutions
- AI now dashes instead of running.
- Custom menu background.
v3 Anniversary Edition Preview
released 2008.01.19, re-released 2008.01.21-2008.02.06
- New characters.
- Loser's TRAMs v1.00 included (smarter AI, invulnerability window tweaks...). Re-release included v1.01, but was still unstable because of inconsistent TRAM hacks.
- Loser's weapon mods included (persistent shells, dodging zone tweaks...).
v4 Anniversary Edition Beta
released 2008.08.22, re-released 2008.08.23
- Used Loser's fixed TRAM hacks (v1.02).
v5 Anniversary Edition v2009-07
Initial release of a new AE with C-based GUI Installer and mod package system that allows mods to be enabled/disabled.
- Fixed Chapter 4 opening cutscene crash by removing DeLorean.
- Fixed cutscene glitches by removing cutscene skipping.
- Fixed Chapter 3 SP2->SP3 cutscene crash by supplying ONLV in Globalize.
- Restored fixed DeLorean in Chapter 4.
- Updated Installer to 1.0.1 (fixed install order bug, tweaked GUI).
v6 Anniversary Edition v2010-05
- Updated Installer to 1.1.
- Added support for BSL mods.
- Added automatic installation of updates.
- Updated package format to 1.1.
- Added optional Platform flag for mods ("Macintosh", "Windows", "Both").
- Packages now hold their .oni files in oni/levelX_Final/, not oni/levelX_Final/levelX_Final/.
- ModString flag ("ModName x.y") replaced by ModVersion ("x.y").
- Removed segregation of level0_Final/ folder (level0_Characters/, etc.) to simplify exporting of data.
- De-globalized level textures to aid future level texture modding.
- Added packages Blood Effects, Dash Blur, Severed Textures, HD Screens, and HD Training textures.
- Bundled with OniSplit version 0.9.50.
- Widescreen fixes for:
- Ch. 2 (Musashi) - opening cutscene camera no longer goes through a wall in first shot.
- Ch. 11 (Dream Lab) - photos no longer appear prematurely on edges of screen (however, installation of OBANs is bugged so the photos go missing completely instead...).
- Fixed newline bug that was preventing some packages from updating.
v7 Anniversary Edition Seven
- AE folder is now called "AE/", not "Edition/".
- Updated Anniversary Edition Installer (AEI) to 2.0.
- Complete rewrite in Java.
- BSL mods finally handled correctly for both Yes and Addon flags.
- Now reads Oni Mod Depot directly and presents categorized mods and modding tools for user to download and install.
- Automatically detects available updates for self and for mods.
- Further updates to the AEI are logged HERE since they are separate from the release of AE7.
- Updated package protocol to 2.0.
- New optional DependsOn and IncompatibleWith flags for AEI to work with.
- Modding tools now come in packages (using the new "plain/" subdirectory for non-BSL, non-.oni files).
- Patches to .oni files in form of XML patches now supported (using the new "patches/" subdirectory).
- Packages now support both platforms at once; under level of "oni/" ("bsl/", etc.), modder uses "common/", "mac_only/" and "win_only/" sub-directories.
- No more bundled mods -- Installer downloads core (required) mods and modding tools upon first launch.
- Core packages now only consist of uncontroversial tweaks and fixes.
- Mods that were formerly bundled now available through AEI as optional packages.
- XmlTools by s10k now a core tool alongside OniSplit to enable XML patching.