The Iron Demon is a mecha boss that was initially supposed to appear in Oni, but was cut at pre-beta.
These are our best in-game looks at the original model:
|Japanese for "Iron Demon" would be... KANA-ONI?|
(building on the proverb ONI NI KANA-BÔ) geyser
Or, more literally, TETSU-ONI (TETSU="iron")? Iritscen
Or KÔKI (HAGANE-ONI, HAGANE="steel")? Demos kratos
In the 1999 trailer, the Iron Demon can be seen in two scenes: one brief shot in the Regional State Building and one extended walk sequence in the unreleased MP arena The Pit (slowed down for careful inspection):
The clearest appearances of the Iron Demon in 2D form are:
- Craig Mullins' Iron Demon in Battle and to a lesser extent this painting
- Lorraine's Iron Demon portrait
There have been three fan attempts to recreate the 3D model for the Iron Demon by inspecting the visual evidence we have from the pre-beta period:
- This model on TurboSquid by Ashley Davison
- This model by Seventeen Seconds, used in Konoko Payne by Pierre
- This model by bobbysoon, based on the above model. This one was used in multiple AE packages; see this one for a starting point.