Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mtrl : Material|
- The xml code on this page is compatible with onisplit v0.9.61.0
- Mtrl*.oni files are global. (They can be found in AE/AEInstaller/vanilla/level0_Final.dat)
- They are used by ONIE, TMBD and CBPM.
- Material is only specified by the file name, for example "MtrlArmor.oni"
- Every material has a parent material (except for "Default") to organize effects in ONIE.
- An example: An effect is looked up from ONIE if a character get hit by a bullet.
- Let's imagine the hit body part has Armor as material. If there's no effect for Armor then the engine looks for the parent material, here Character. And if Character doesn't match then the effect from Default becomes chosen.
(e.g. file name "MtrlArmor.xml")
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Oni> <Mtrl id="0"> <ParentMaterial>MtrlCharacter</ParentMaterial> </Mtrl> </Oni>
vanilla material tree
Default | +-- Character | | | +-- Armor | +-- Cloth | +-- Flesh | +-- Shield | | | +-- Super_Shield | +-- Glass | | | +-- Clear_Glass | +-- Small_Glass | +-- Tinted_Glass | +-- Unbreak_Glass | +-- Liquid +-- Mesh +-- Solid | +-- Carpet +-- Hard | | | +-- Metal | | | | | +-- Heavy_Metal | | +-- Light_Metal | | +-- Resonant_Metal | | | +-- Stone | | | | | +-- Asphalt | | +-- Concrete | | | +-- Stucco | +-- Loose_Ground | | | +-- Dirt | +-- Snow | +-- Plastic +-- Soft