A hex file contains the data (images flipped, mirrored and 32bit) for the raw/sep files. Copy the data of the sky you like to the end of a raw/sep file (with a hex editor) and change the raw/sep link of the sky images in the dat file (with OniUnPacker). Every image has a size of 256x256 pixels, which is a length of 40000 in hex.
For example, if the inserted hex data starts at position 0x02355500, the links have to be changed to:
- front: 0x02355500
- left: 0x02395500
- back: 0x023D5500
- right: 0x02415500
- top: 0x02455500
Ssg 12:31, 24 December 2008 (CET)
- Ssg, while those look very nice, there are simpler ways of doing things nowadays. :P We could make them into actual new skys if you wanted. Gumby 19:01, 24 December 2008 (CET)
- Glad to see you again, Ssg. I'd love it if you stuck around for a while. But wow, you have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to our modding abilities :-) --Iritscen 19:25, 24 December 2008 (CET) Ssg 19:46, 24 December 2008 (CET)
What do you mean by "make them into actual new skys"? Put them into AE? Change them? Ssg 19:25, 24 December 2008 (CET)
- Using Onisplit\AE framework, make a new ONSK. Gumby 19:33, 24 December 2008 (CET)
@Gumby: Does Onisplit/AE mirror and flip the images and change them into 32 bit automatically? No, no, and yes. But mirroring and flipping are easy to do in an image editing program. Gumby 20:06, 24 December 2008 (CET) @Iritscen: I wasn't really away. I've been following the things roughly going on at the Oni Central forum and here. So I'm not that much lost. :-) Ssg 19:46, 24 December 2008 (CET)
- ssg: Can you post the actual image files? I used the thumbnails for the test sky, also, it seems the left and right are off somehow:
I used OniSplit to create the new ONSK file EdT
@EdT: I can post the image files next year. (I don't have them here at my parents.)
The thumbnails are not mirrored and flipped. Ssg 21:02, 25 December 2008 (CET)
ssg: The skies look great except for the top image:
- Are you sure its not just all the other images? :)
I've no idea what's wrong with the top image. I've tested all of them on my pc and they worked great.
- I noticed some of the sky files needed to be rotated 180 degrees such as the previous attempt. But if I layout the photos in Photoshop first, I can order the files correctly. EdT 01:34, 21 January 2009 (CET)
Um, am I the only one who wants to turn his head on its side to look at that shot? ^_^' Don't you think that sky texture should be rotated 90° counter-clockwise? --Iritscen 04:11, 21 January 2009 (CET)
Bungie TV from Macworld 2000
I found some old Bungie TV videos from the Macworld 2000 on the net today.
Here's a pic with the content of the vids (~300 kb)
- Day 1 (mov file, 160 x 120, 5 min 33 sec, ~29 mb) - contains only the Bungie East tour; the rest was never part of the file (see here; look at the filename)
- Day 2 (mov file, 160 x 120, 38 min 30 sec, ~182 mb) - best vid, trip to Bungie West (Oni headquarters) plus Steve Abeyta shows some disarm moves
- Day 3 (mov file, 160 x 120, 29 min 07 sec, ~217 mb) - see content pic above, lots of blah blah plus a ingame Halo preview at the end
- Day 4 (mov file, 160 x 120, 37 min 22 sec, ~277 mb) - see content pic above, very short ingame Halo preview, rest blah blah
??? Why are you asking me that? I have no influence in the matter. Ssg 00:28, 22 March 2008 (CET)
- I assumed that you uploaded them. Whose files are they? --Iritscen 15:01, 24 March 2008 (CET)
- About the BBBB screenshots you've been adding to BINA
- It would be nice if you described how they were obtained.
- Are you sure navi.TXMP and buttons.TXMP are appropriate?
- I'm pretty sure there is another, more plain-looking TXMP.
- Not g206_controls_128x64.TXMP, but something close...
- geyser 20:14, 24 September 2007 (CEST)
- added WMDDs from Level0_Tools.dat to Level0_Final.dat
- replaced the dialog ID (0x108) of the WMDD with the dialog ID of the help-window (or whatever it's called; it's the window that pops up when you press F1)
- I'm not sure what you mean. Do you refer to the fact that some stuff in the iamges is overlapping? (If yes: Well, I never thought about that. I was too fixated on making the WMMDs visible, I guess.)
I've changed in the last part of the dat file the name psui_oniUI to psui_oniUi. After that Oni reads the psui_g206 file. The result is this:
Ssg 14:59, 11 December 2007 (CET)
Short note: if there are still dialogs from tools.dat that you do not have screenshots for here you go: http://cid-639aa31296681bfe.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Oni/tools_wmdd.zip
Cool. Thank you. Did you managed it to "actiivate" the "Tools" files? Ssg 01:19, 12 December 2007 (CET)
If by activate you mean loading tools.dat in Oni then no. (Though I converted tools.dat to PC format but Oni crashes if it finds it and I did not bother to check why). Those images were generated with my viewer.
Sorry for interrupting you guys a bit.
I saw the new WMMDs.. Are you going to upgrade OniSplit or OUP like Bungie's original editor tool? That would be cool. How far are you done?
By a side note: on "dialog_character_properties.png" you can see three different shields. So, maybe the (red one) "boss shield" was editable?
- Paradox-01 17:53, 12 December 2007 (CET)
Would it be possible for me to get a copy of Bluebox since I'm on the Mac? EdT
Alloc or geyser can help, I guess. Ssg 02:02, 20 January 2008 (CET)
I switched the bluebox images from the blue to the lila ones. Hope that was okay. Ssg 18:07, 17 June 2008 (CEST)
- Yes, it's OK. Thanks. Neo
Hi, Ssg. I was looking over the weapons class in the Oni binaries, and I can't find where it records that certain projectiles, like the Scram cannon's, are homing. Isn't there a bit for that? --Iritscen 19:57, 28 February 2008 (CET)
- Homing is a property of the projectile, not of the weapon class. You want to look at OBD:BINA/PAR3.
- geyser 23:14, 28 February 2008 (CET)
- Oh... Sorry, Iritscen, didn't see your question.
- Thanks for the answer, geyser. :-)
- Ssg 23:04, 4 March 2008 (CET)
Yes, thank you. I have a neat weapon-modding idea I'd like to try. This would be my first modding attempt (we'll see if it works, I don't want to promise much, and it's a simple idea anyway). --Iritscen 15:32, 5 March 2008 (CET)