Xenotron is a family of fonts designed in 1995 by Cornelis "Kees" Gajentaan, a video games artist and happy mascot hunter. His font was used in Oni, most notably in the splashscreens, but also in some textures ("STAIRS" signs, "DC" decals...).
Xenotron was released under a "thankware" license, but Kees is not credited or mentioned in "Special Thanks" in the Credits, meaning that Bungie West was either forgetful or got Xenotron from a font repository and didn't see the author's special license.
- Font links
- Xenotron and Xenotron Broadstroke (archived)
- Xenotron Radio Edit (archived)
- TTF files for all three typefaces (mirrored)
- Other cool stuff by Kees
- FunTower project (for Times Square; archived)
- Special mention for FunTower
- It's a "vertical city" concept made of seven modular halls of seven floors each. Unfortunately, the 3D data is unavailable... But the concept lives on, sorta ^_^