Xenotron is a family of fonts designed in 1995 by Cornelis "Kees" Gajentaan, a video games artist and Happy Mascot hunter. His font was used in Oni, most notably in splashscreens, but also in some in-game 2D art ("STAIRS" signs, "DC" decals...).
Xenotron was released under a "thankware" license, but Kees is not credited or mentioned in "Special Thanks" in the Credits, meaning that whoever brought this font to Bungie West either claimed authorship or got the font from a font repository and didn't bother looking up the author.
- Original font links
- Xenotron and Xenotron Broadstroke (archived)
- Xenotron Radio Edit (archived)
- Mirrored collection
- Xenotron archive of all three typefaces
- Other cool stuff by Kees
- FunTower project (for Times Square; archived)
- Special mention for FunTower
- It's a "vertical city" concept made of seven modular halls of seven floors each.
- Unfortunately, the 3D data is unavailable... But the concept lives on, sorta ^_^