OBD:Oni Binary Data
- If you want an introduction to modding for beginners, you should read Modding Oni.
- The XML namespace documents the game data in a way which is more modding-oriented and modder-friendly.
The OBD namespace is devoted to documenting Oni's binary data (.dat/.raw[/.sep] files), as reverse-engineered by dedicated members of the fan community. Needless to say, this is a highly technical area of the wiki, and knowledge of topics such as hexadecimal, pointers, and endianness is a prerequisite.
This database's information has been used by modders in such projects as:
The knowledge documented here was also used to develop modding tools such as:
- Instance file format (.dat files)
- Raw/separate file format (.raw & .sep files)
- persist.dat (save-game file)
- Resource types (ONCC, TRAM, etc.)
- Data types (integers, floats, etc.)
- Globalization (duplication and false duplicates in the resources)
- Localizations (non-English versions of Oni)
- Versions (database of all releases' level files)
- Text encoding (variant encodings found in localizations)
- Oni 2 game data (the Angel Studios dev build)
- ssg's Oni Stuff (first ever public database of resource types, and source for much of this wiki's OBD)