Oni is organized into 14 "chapters" (15 if you count the training course). Below you will find a light overview of the plot and links to the pages for each chapter. Besides the obvious SPOILER WARNING, note that the chapter pages include cross-referencing and added value. So they are mostly intended to provide elaboration on the plot for people who have already played Oni.
- Intro Movie
- The intro is a montage of action sequences and character shots which are not directly connected to the plot.
- CHAPTER 00 . COMBAT TRAINING
- The game starts with Konoko completing Training Program Beta 6 at TCTF HQ. She is now ready for her first field mission.
- CHAPTER 01 . TRIAL RUN
- Konoko infiltrates a warehouse that is shipping contraband for the Syndicate. She also finds the dead TCTF agent Chung, with an encrypted message linking the Syndicate to a nearby manufacturing plant.
- CHAPTER 02 . ENGINES OF EVIL
Engines of Evil
- Konoko follows the trail to the Musashi Manufacturing Plant, only to find that Chung's datapad was a diversion: the Syndicate is raiding a research lab. Before she can head there, she must deal with a rampant AI that the Syndicate has activated.
- CHAPTER 03 . PUZZLE PIECES
- The raid on the lab is led by Muro himself. Konoko fights off the superhuman enforcer Barabas and rushes through the facility, but Muro narrowly escapes with stolen equipment.
- CHAPTER 05 . HOT PURSUIT
Airport Cargo Hangars
- Konoko pursues Muro through the airport's cargo hangar and places a beacon on his plane.
- CHAPTER 06 . COUNTERATTACK
- The Syndicate attacks the regional TCTF headquarters and kidnaps Shinatama. Konoko must face Barabas, who is looking for payback.
- CHAPTER 07 . A FRIEND IN NEED
Atmospheric Conversion Center
- Konoko disobeys order to go after Shinatama, who she has traced to an Atmospheric Conversion Center.
- CHAPTER 08 . AN INNOCENT LIFE
Atmospheric Conversion Center
- Konoko finds Shinatama only to lose her, and must flee her former allies.
- CHAPTER 09 . TRUTH AND CONSEQUENCES
Regional State Building
- Konoko seeks out the truth to her past at the Regional State Building, but the data is stolen by the ninja Mukade.
- CHAPTER 10 . CAT AND MOUSE
- Konoko follows Mukade through the city's rooftops. Finally cornering him, Konoko beats Mukade and retrieves the disc.
- CHAPTER 11 . DREAM DIVER
Dr. Hasegawa's Lab
- Konoko learns about her past, explores her father's lab, and fights her way through a dream where she faces Muro, Griffin and herself as a loyal TCTF agent.
- CHAPTER 12 . SINS OF THE FATHER
TCTF Science Prison #112
- Konoko finds her uncle Dr. Kerr in a TCTF-run "science prison" and learns about the Chrysalis inside her.
- CHAPTER 13 . PHOENIX RISING
- An angered Konoko assaults TCTF HQ and finally corners Griffin in the Omega Vault. She must decide whether he lives or dies.
- CHAPTER 14 . DAWN OF THE CHRYSALIS
Syndicate Mountain Compound
- Konoko heads to Muro's stronghold in the mountains to stop his schemes.
- Outro Movie
- Some time later, Konoko is shown roaming the ruins of a city, and monologuing to herself that many have died from the sabotage of the ACCs. The Chrysalis may yet save the survivors, but the ultimate effect that its introduction will have on humankind is unclear. "Let's hope it's for the better."